Monday, June 22, 2009

Today I got to miss work :] wooo hooo!!!
Now before you lecture me, I have a good excuse..
First doctor’s appointment with my new OB :]!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!
Even though I have done this before I was still nervous. The first 12 weeks are always nerve wrecking. Once you get into good ole week 13, miscarriage chance is reduced….4 more weeks of hoping for this to be a sticky baby!..
We first started off talking about health history. I have a new doctor this time around, but I was very comfortable with her and really liked her.We talked about my past pregnancies, any diseases I have or Riley has and what diseases/disorders run in our families…So far all is good..right? until we started talking about smoking. I am not a heavy smoker but you know maybe once or twice a week I light up……but that didn’t stop the doc from telling me all the health hazards to me and the Unborn. There was one question I wasnt expecting to be asked, luckily I didnt have to answer, she could tell by the look on my face.....WHEW!
The doctor left and a few minutes later the nurse came in. She handed me the cup and gave me the instructions for giving a urine sample. Me? Pee? Not a problem!
Then came the blood work..my favorite part…well, it use to be..***FLASHBACK*** I had always loved needles, shots and having my blood drawn. So of course when I was told I would need to have blood work done I was bouncing off the walls. I was in my first trimester with twins. I sat in the chair..earth stress ball in my hand. I smiled widely as the nurse wrapped the rubber strip around my arm and tied it tight. Then came the needle WOO HOO!!..she searched for a vain and gently inserted it into a vain. I looked in excitement. To my surprise I didn’t see my blood slowly filling the vile…NOPE..I saw my blood spurting out…all I could think of were those medical shows with the people dying and the blood spurting every where and I started feeling sick. The nurse smiled and said…”there is too much suction, lets try a smaller one.” She withdrew the needle and got a smaller one. The sick feeling started to get worse. I could start to feel the vomit rising. Closing my eyes I felt her insert the new smaller needle. Slowly the vomit was making its way up..I started feeling lightheaded. The nurse asked if I was okay. I shook my head no and asked for the trash can..One of the other nurses near by grabbed the trash, as my nurse took out the needle. After I was finished I still felt lightheaded, so they took me to an exam room to lay down. I passed out for a few minutes. LOL. Then there were four nurses in the room. The original nurse had a toddlers butterfly needle in my arm, one nurse had a cool wash cloth on my forehead the others were just standing there. Soo much work for one little thing of blood..sheesh!!***END OF FLASHBACK***
As I sat there waiting for the nurse to find a good vain, all that ran threw my head was that day. I was slightly shaking and I could feel the queasiness…OH NO! not again..my mind was racing thinking about how many needles we were going to have to go through, if I would have to go lay down in the exam room. I must have been thinking so hard, barely heard her say “all done” I looked down and sure enough..rolled up gauze held down by medical tape. WHEW!!!
Next was the pelvic. I didn’t have to have a pap smear. The Doc did say that my uterus was tilted forward….alrighty!
I also go to hear the little heart beat :] awwww
Unborn’s heart rate was 165 :]

So now I go into my next appointment is July 20th!
and I have to do my Gestational Diabetes test!! I really love the taste of the Glucola! mmmmmmmmmmm Orange Crush!! that is exactly what it tastes like!!



and some not so good news..........Miley is sick :[ Riley took her to the Vet for me and should be calling me soon..

1 comment:

  1. Ok spill .. what is the question you weren't expecting and what was the look on your face!!!???

    ReplyDelete